Yellowstone (TV show)

PearlandHorn

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 5, 2012
Pearland, TX
Boy did they crank up the melodrama this week! Good to see Kayce start to try to mend things with Monica, but I couldn't help chuckling at that scene in the apartment. Monica straight told Kayce she couldn't have him if he was gonna work for his dad and now she tells him, yeah but I didn't mean that, what I meant is fight for your life. The reason I chuckled was this was almost the exact sentiment, delivered in the same puzzling logic, that Gloria told Billy Hoyt in White Men Can't Jump. You remember this one. See, when I'm thirsty, it doesn't mean I want a glass of water. I want you to sympathize. I want you to say, Gloria, I too know what it feels like to be thirsty. I too have had a dry mouth. Of course, Kayce wouldn't see this trick coming because it looks like he hasn't seen a movie in his life. Too bad. Well, hey at least Monica isn't ****ing the PT guy like I thought she was. Well, not now anyway.

John almost got laid, then he didn't. Old guy jokes ensued. That's probably for the best. Ol' Kev Costner looked like he was about to perform quite awkwardly.

The whole first half hour was daytime television like this to so-so effect. But then... out of nowhere... Neal McDonough!! Neal McDonough!!!

No, not Sean McDonough.

Neal McDonough!

Honestly, I don't know about this casting. They haphazardly tied a bolo tie about his neck, threw a hat on his head, and tried to squeeze him into a western profile (I know this because he was loudly labeled A ****ING REDNECK), and it's not entirely convincing, but he's here now so I'm gonna enjoy it.

Christina watch Yes, there was Christina! ****ing finally! And just like that... it looks like she's done because Jamie, like all the other Duttons, are trapped in a tragic orbit about the Yellowstone ranch from which they can never escape. Damn it. Jamie seemed taken aback at this development. Thought it was fairly obvious she was in it to win it, but I'd lose all logical sense around her too. Well, at least we got to see her prance around in tiny panties before taking her bow. Rough week for Jamie. Lost that hot number, came home with his tail tucked for a little grilled cephalopod, just to have Beth brutally laugh right in his face.

But there was a nice connecting fabric from beginning to end this week. How change and resistance to it affects lives. Right from the cold open we hear it, "Different never works." Several examples followed. Well, let's see who challenges that philosophy. Feels like whoever it is is going to win this game.
Dan can't catch a break. Hilarious. And Christina. Good Lord almighty.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
for the ryan bingham fans on this thread he has a dang good live video produced by amazon and available on prime. He's also playing 2 shows at the paramount theater in November here in ATX, whiskey Myers has a show at whitewater amphitheater in New Braunfels August 10th.

His riding is so legit in the show due to his time on the rodeo circuits (he was also on the tarleton state rodeo team)

Reactions: PFD

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Dan can't catch a break. Hilarious. And Christina. Good Lord almighty.
Dan Jenkins, the poor bastard. "Who... the ****... is Dan Jenkins?" Beck asked this week and it kind of sums up Dan's history on the show. But going back to the dearth of likeable characters, I kinda feel bad for him. It's so hard to enjoy the Duttons, Rainwater is obviously betraying his people, and meanwhile Dan's motives are plain and simple. He just straight up doesn't like John and wants to make some cashola. Easy enough, but he's gotten his ass kicked in a bar, he got hung, he never has the upper hand, you kinda feel bad for him.

Reactions: PearlandHorn

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Dan Jenkins, the poor bastard. "Who... the ****... is Dan Jenkins?" Beck asked this week and it kind of sums up Dan's history on the show. But going back to the dearth of likeable characters, I kinda feel bad for him. It's so hard to enjoy the Duttons, Rainwater is obviously betraying his people, and meanwhile Dan's motives are plain and simple. He just straight up doesn't like John and wants to make some cashola. Easy enough, but he's gotten his ass kicked in a bar, he got hung, he never has the upper hand, you kinda feel bad for him.
I don’t over think it, just enjoy the tunes, brawling, scenery, and the plentiful T&A.