Yellowstone (TV show)

PearlandHorn

Member Who Talks (A Lot!)
Feb 5, 2012
Pearland, TX
Boy did they crank up the melodrama this week! Good to see Kayce start to try to mend things with Monica, but I couldn't help chuckling at that scene in the apartment. Monica straight told Kayce she couldn't have him if he was gonna work for his dad and now she tells him, yeah but I didn't mean that, what I meant is fight for your life. The reason I chuckled was this was almost the exact sentiment, delivered in the same puzzling logic, that Gloria told Billy Hoyt in White Men Can't Jump. You remember this one. See, when I'm thirsty, it doesn't mean I want a glass of water. I want you to sympathize. I want you to say, Gloria, I too know what it feels like to be thirsty. I too have had a dry mouth. Of course, Kayce wouldn't see this trick coming because it looks like he hasn't seen a movie in his life. Too bad. Well, hey at least Monica isn't ****ing the PT guy like I thought she was. Well, not now anyway.

John almost got laid, then he didn't. Old guy jokes ensued. That's probably for the best. Ol' Kev Costner looked like he was about to perform quite awkwardly.

The whole first half hour was daytime television like this to so-so effect. But then... out of nowhere... Neal McDonough!! Neal McDonough!!!

No, not Sean McDonough.

Neal McDonough!

Honestly, I don't know about this casting. They haphazardly tied a bolo tie about his neck, threw a hat on his head, and tried to squeeze him into a western profile (I know this because he was loudly labeled A ****ING REDNECK), and it's not entirely convincing, but he's here now so I'm gonna enjoy it.

Christina watch Yes, there was Christina! ****ing finally! And just like that... it looks like she's done because Jamie, like all the other Duttons, are trapped in a tragic orbit about the Yellowstone ranch from which they can never escape. Damn it. Jamie seemed taken aback at this development. Thought it was fairly obvious she was in it to win it, but I'd lose all logical sense around her too. Well, at least we got to see her prance around in tiny panties before taking her bow. Rough week for Jamie. Lost that hot number, came home with his tail tucked for a little grilled cephalopod, just to have Beth brutally laugh right in his face.

But there was a nice connecting fabric from beginning to end this week. How change and resistance to it affects lives. Right from the cold open we hear it, "Different never works." Several examples followed. Well, let's see who challenges that philosophy. Feels like whoever it is is going to win this game.
Dan can't catch a break. Hilarious. And Christina. Good Lord almighty.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
for the ryan bingham fans on this thread he has a dang good live video produced by amazon and available on prime. He's also playing 2 shows at the paramount theater in November here in ATX, whiskey Myers has a show at whitewater amphitheater in New Braunfels August 10th.

His riding is so legit in the show due to his time on the rodeo circuits (he was also on the tarleton state rodeo team)

Reactions: PFD

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Dan can't catch a break. Hilarious. And Christina. Good Lord almighty.
Dan Jenkins, the poor bastard. "Who... the ****... is Dan Jenkins?" Beck asked this week and it kind of sums up Dan's history on the show. But going back to the dearth of likeable characters, I kinda feel bad for him. It's so hard to enjoy the Duttons, Rainwater is obviously betraying his people, and meanwhile Dan's motives are plain and simple. He just straight up doesn't like John and wants to make some cashola. Easy enough, but he's gotten his ass kicked in a bar, he got hung, he never has the upper hand, you kinda feel bad for him.

Reactions: PearlandHorn

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Dan Jenkins, the poor bastard. "Who... the ****... is Dan Jenkins?" Beck asked this week and it kind of sums up Dan's history on the show. But going back to the dearth of likeable characters, I kinda feel bad for him. It's so hard to enjoy the Duttons, Rainwater is obviously betraying his people, and meanwhile Dan's motives are plain and simple. He just straight up doesn't like John and wants to make some cashola. Easy enough, but he's gotten his ass kicked in a bar, he got hung, he never has the upper hand, you kinda feel bad for him.
I don’t over think it, just enjoy the tunes, brawling, scenery, and the plentiful T&A.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
All the angels are gone, son. There's only devils left.

^^^More old school western dialogue like this, please.

What a fascinating relationship with fisticuffs this show has. So those two meth heads that associate with Jimmy meet up with some poor old bastard and beat the absolute tar out of him. He's up with some light discolor and a little mouse over his right eye the next day. Later, John catches that crooked sheriff with a right hook flush in the beak and he bounces right up and back in his face. Meanwhile, untold amount of days have passed and Kayce is still proudly wearing the bruises Rip tattooed all over his face. Guess they don't make em like they used to.

During a separate scrap (lots of dust-ups this week), Rip, who I'm starting to gather was a professional wrestler before he took the brand, wheels around on an attacker and delivers... A RELEASE BELLY TO BELLY OVERHEAD SUPLEX! Unbelievable!

Speaking of wrestling, just give us this Jamie heel turn. Just give us what we want. It's time Beth gets her comeuppance because she's being a real bitch and Jamie is getting pushed to his limit. Wes Bentley deserved so much better than getting eaten by a wave in Interstellar. Set him free!

Monica's class looks like it suuuuuucks! How are all the students awake? But at least she resisted douchebag PT bro's advances... for now... and parlayed her sadness into a retro 80s sex scene. The candle light, the sheets up to the shoulders, the frantic kissing with otherwise minimal movement, the fading camera transitions... Ah, wonderful.

So, we're moving along this season. Lots of storylines, everything is humming more or less, even if it's all a little much. John Dutton burnt his field down and watched it in angst. Fire is always a symbol in any dramatic work. The question is is John going to burn the mother****er down and go scorched earth so to speak or is he sadly realizing everything's burning down around him?

PearlandHorn

Feb 5, 2012
Pearland, TX
All the angels are gone, son. There's only devils left.

^^^More old school western dialogue like this, please.

What a fascinating relationship with fisticuffs this show has. So those two meth heads that associate with Jimmy meet up with some poor old bastard and beat the absolute tar out of him. He's up with some light discolor and a little mouse over his right eye the next day. Later, John catches that crooked sheriff with a right hook flush in the beak and he bounces right up and back in his face. Meanwhile, untold amount of days have passed and Kayce is still proudly wearing the bruises Rip tattooed all over his face. Guess they don't make em like they used to.

During a separate scrap (lots of dust-ups this week), Rip, who I'm starting to gather was a professional wrestler before he took the brand, wheels around on an attacker and delivers... A RELEASE BELLY TO BELLY OVERHEAD SUPLEX! Unbelievable!

Speaking of wrestling, just give us this Jamie heel turn. Just give us what we want. It's time Beth gets her comeuppance because she's being a real bitch and Jamie is getting pushed to his limit. Wes Bentley deserved so much better than getting eaten by a wave in Interstellar. Set him free!

Monica's class looks like it suuuuuucks! How are all the students awake? But at least she resisted douchebag PT bro's advances... for now... and parlayed her sadness into a retro 80s sex scene. The candle light, the sheets up to the shoulders, the frantic kissing with otherwise minimal movement, the fading camera transitions... Ah, wonderful.

So, we're moving along this season. Lots of storylines, everything is humming more or less, even if it's all a little much. John Dutton burnt his field down and watched it in angst. Fire is always a symbol in any dramatic work. The question is is John going to burn the mother****er down and go scorched earth so to speak or is he sadly realizing everything's burning down around him?
So are the booze brothers allies or no? Who air dropped the clover? How did the rancher kill a 2000lb bull with a weed eater?! Insanity.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So are the booze brothers allies or no? Who air dropped the clover? How did the rancher kill a 2000lb bull with a weed eater?! Insanity.
Who did drop that clover? I don't know what the opposite of dramatic irony is called but I don't like it. So when John tells us he knows who did this and we never find out for ourselves, since this isn't a convention the show uses, I immediately start wondering what I missed. Good to know I'm not the only one in the dark there.

I'm thinking the Becks become uneasy allies. Enemy of my enemy and all that. This is the phase where they test each other uneasily before they join forces, imo. Because if not, the Duttons really don't have any friends and I don't know how you can hope to come out on top like that.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
What the hell football game was Haskell watching at his house? Was that USFL film? Thought maybe CFL, but the goal posts weren't in the middle of the field. It definitely looked at least twenty years old, whatever it was, but he was reacting to it like it was a live game. You can't fool us, Paramount. And was that a hat tip to the show Barry with the bullet in the mail thing? That little two minute scene left me with so many questions as you can see.

Speaking of references to other works, Dan was doing his best Annette Being from American Beauty. Where she had the mantra "I REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM!" Dan, who is similarly tired of everyone's ****, adopted the mantra "I AM A GOD!" Hahaha. Well, anyway, looks like he wants to get in the game and while that little sequence of him boiling over and such didn't land to me because of that comparison I immediately drew, it did lead to a brief brawl which gave us this week's pro wrasslin' move of the week! Kayce, with an incredibly ballsy handgun counter, drives some rent-a-cop through a table via FALLING SIDE SLAM aka ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK BOTTOM! GAWD ALMIGHTY!

"Big mistake looking for a place to happen." Rip continuing to deliver the good Cowboy lines. He got a little origin piece in the cold open this week. And who was there to make sure he was the clear winner of his fight? Lloyd. ****in Lloyd, I knew I liked that guy.

A lot of this week was taken up by a fun horsie contest that ended up putting Jimmy in a worst place than he was before. I feel like the head of the visiting family is some kind of popular figure in the country western scene or something. He got the T-shirt, gun show on full display camera shots, he didn't seem like a natural actor, but I don't know who he was. Anyway, not a lot moved forward. Monica is desperately trying to avoid a huge mistake, we found out who John thought poisoned his cattle last week but he was wrong. We got a little hook for next week when Jamie could no longer avoid his phone. I was just wondering last week, whatever happened to the gay reporters? Well, they're back and it spells bad news bears for the prodigal son, who got beat all to **** by his sister.

Meandering episode that never really found its footing, but this week's theme, and the theme going forward, is war. There were discussions about it, allusions to it, and it's clear that's the lens we're being asked to view this season through. John is trying to find his allies amidst all the players and, although it was strange that so little of the hour led to the conclusion, that's why the final scene felt so unsettling.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
What the hell football game was Haskell watching at his house? Was that USFL film? Thought maybe CFL, but the goal posts weren't in the middle of the field. It definitely looked at least twenty years old, whatever it was, but he was reacting to it like it was a live game. You can't fool us, Paramount. And was that a hat tip to the show Barry with the bullet in the mail thing? That little two minute scene left me with so many questions as you can see.

Speaking of references to other works, Dan was doing his best Annette Being from American Beauty. Where she had the mantra "I REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM!" Dan, who is similarly tired of everyone's ****, adopted the mantra "I AM A GOD!" Hahaha. Well, anyway, looks like he wants to get in the game and while that little sequence of him boiling over and such didn't land to me because of that comparison I immediately drew, it did lead to a brief brawl which gave us this week's pro wrasslin' move of the week! Kayce, with an incredibly ballsy handgun counter, drives some rent-a-cop through a table via FALLING SIDE SLAM aka ROCK BOTTOM! ROCK BOTTOM! GAWD ALMIGHTY!

"Big mistake looking for a place to happen." Rip continuing to deliver the good Cowboy lines. He got a little origin piece in the cold open this week. And who was there to make sure he was the clear winner of his fight? Lloyd. ****in Lloyd, I knew I liked that guy.

A lot of this week was taken up by a fun horsie contest that ended up putting Jimmy in a worst place than he was before. I feel like the head of the visiting family is some kind of popular figure in the country western scene or something. He got the T-shirt, gun show on full display camera shots, he didn't seem like a natural actor, but I don't know who he was. Anyway, not a lot moved forward. Monica is desperately trying to avoid a huge mistake, we found out who John thought poisoned his cattle last week but he was wrong. We got a little hook for next week when Jamie could no longer avoid his phone. I was just wondering last week, whatever happened to the gay reporters? Well, they're back and it spells bad news bears for the prodigal son, who got beat all to **** by his sister.

Meandering episode that never really found its footing, but this week's theme, and the theme going forward, is war. There were discussions about it, allusions to it, and it's clear that's the lens we're being asked to view this season through. John is trying to find his allies amidst all the players and, although it was strange that so little of the hour led to the conclusion, that's why the final scene felt so unsettling.
The head of the visiting family is the series creator (Sheridan), come on MIKEY!

PFD

Oct 29, 2008
Dallas
The head of the visiting family is the series creator (Sheridan), come on MIKEY!
Is that what he looks like? No wonder the camera loved him so much.
Yeah, that’s Taylor Sheridan.

He’s made several appearances as a recurring character during the first two seasons. His character is another local rancher who is a friend of the Duttons.

More great music on last night’s episode. Blackberry Smoke. Jason Boland and the Stragglers. William Prince. Hell, I’d watch this show just for the soundtrack.

Reactions: Jdhmills

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Yeah, that’s Taylor Sheridan.

He’s made several appearances as a recurring character during the first two seasons. His character is another local rancher who is a friend of the Duttons.

More great music on last night’s episode. Blackberry Smoke. Jason Boland and the Stragglers. William Prince. Hell, I’d watch this show just for the soundtrack.
The Jaime story arc had fully jumped the shark

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Man, how useless is Dan Jenkins' security guard? What a dork. He gets beat up last week, he gets beat up this week by a senior citizen. And what does he say after that encounter? "Nice move." And not with a hint of spite. He was genuinely impressed that he got whooped by an old man. Get owned, brah.

No wrestling moves this week, but that doesn't mean we didn't get a main event. We certainly did. And that main event was... MURDER! I had forgotten what motive Sarah had to bring down the Dutton empire because it had been so long since she was around. She sure was testy. Turns out she just didn't want the land to be owned by anybody. And she paid the price for it. Jamie, who we now know just wanted to be like his dad, finally reached his limit. Poor, confused Jamie. Egged on by his dad to make it right, tries to make it right, gets lectured. Too bad. But, Christina back?? o_O

Good riddance to Walker, the lazy bum. Rip finally got the upper hand on him. Monica. Oh, Monica. Ohh, Monica. You idiot. I was your biggest fan. Jimmy went and got paid. (Good production values at the rodeo, by the way.) So good for Jimmy. But I guess Avery got kidnapped by the methheads. So that's not so good. The mystery of who killed the cattle is solved and so is the question of whether the Becks are friend or foe.

Looks like Sheridan used this week to make a little comment on human nature of the live and let live variety. Walker got off the hook and was allowed to live after delivering a monologue on the dark side of humanity. Jamie was terrified to take a life. Tate instantly regretted taking one. Not sure if that commentary is going to hold through to the rest of the season; there is more dying to be had after all. But it's good to see the show realize it has to maintain at least a tenuous grip on reality.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Man, how useless is Dan Jenkins' security guard? What a dork. He gets beat up last week, he gets beat up this week by a senior citizen. And what does he say after that encounter? "Nice move." And not with a hint of spite. He was genuinely impressed that he got whooped by an old man. Get owned, brah.

No wrestling moves this week, but that doesn't mean we didn't get a main event. We certainly did. And that main event was... MURDER! I had forgotten what motive Sarah had to bring down the Dutton empire because it had been so long since she was around. She sure was testy. Turns out she just didn't want the land to be owned by anybody. And she paid the price for it. Jamie, who we now know just wanted to be like his dad, finally reached his limit. Poor, confused Jamie. Egged on by his dad to make it right, tries to make it right, gets lectured. Too bad. But, Christina back?? o_O

Good riddance to Walker, the lazy bum. Rip finally got the upper hand on him. Monica. Oh, Monica. Ohh, Monica. You idiot. I was your biggest fan. Jimmy went and got paid. (Good production values at the rodeo, by the way.) So good for Jimmy. But I guess Avery got kidnapped by the methheads. So that's not so good. The mystery of who killed the cattle is solved and so is the question of whether the Becks are friend or foe.

Looks like Sheridan used this week to make a little comment on human nature of the live and let live variety. Walker got off the hook and was allowed to live after delivering a monologue on the dark side of humanity. Jamie was terrified to take a life. Tate instantly regretted taking one. Not sure if that commentary is going to hold through to the rest of the season; there is more dying to be had after all. But it's good to see the show realize it has to maintain at least a tenuous grip on reality.
So Eureka Brewing has a cream ale called buckle bunny. This Puerto Rican engineer I work with loves the stuff, takes 6 packs back to florida with him and even named his boat Buckle Bunny. The dude has no idea what an actual buckle bunny is, we laugh at his dumb ass at least once a week

PearlandHorn

Feb 5, 2012
Pearland, TX

And guy trying to mess around with Monica, just go bro! She doesn't want you, okay?! Scram.
And is Jimmy now the most likeable person on the show? Well maybe the old cowboy. Good episode.

Last edited:
Reactions: TOK2000

PFD

Oct 29, 2008
Dallas
Did anybody catch last night’s episode?

Wow. To say they’ve amped up the conflict would be an understatement.

I’ve been wondering when Kayce’s background in the special forces was going to become more of a factor. Well, here it comes.

PearlandHorn

Feb 5, 2012
Pearland, TX
Did anybody catch last night’s episode?

Wow. To say they’ve amped up the conflict would be an understatement.

I’ve been wondering when Kayce’s background in the special forces was going to become more of a factor. Well, here it comes.
Just finished it. What in the holy hell?! Somebody is gonna have to tell me that this isn't the best show on television. What an episode.

I mean where does it go from here? Good gracious.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Reunited and it feels so good!

Jamie and John
Kayce and Monica
Beth and booze
Rip's fists and another guy's face

I can't decide which is more ****ed up: John needing Jamie to resort to attempting suicide before paying attention to him (this after John himself suggested that Jamie should've offed himself) or Beth lamenting that Jamie didn't follow through with it. Beth continues to lay on the hell bitch persona pretty thick and apparently has always been that way; she disclosed that she jerked off a boy in church when she was young. I'm glad she finally found an outlet for her pent up rage that isn't related to her. Beck came a-knocking and perhaps realizes he's met a match. This episode was kind of just drifting along at it's own pace, save for the initial confrontation between Malcolm and Beth, until the final quarter hour. What an incredible sequence in Beth's office. Unrelenting brutality. No snarkiness necessary.

Kind of a strange introduction. We are led to believe that the central motivation for this family is the death of the matriarch. So we get treated to some gorgeous scenery as John and Kayce ride out to the edge of the Yellowstone territory so we can hear all about it. But by the time we get there, we know the theme and the opening titles are coming up so what could've and probably should've been a very poignant and meaningful beat got really rushed. That probably needed to be longer.

The contrast between allowing life and taking life continues to fluctuate at whatever is necessary for the ranch. It's kind of dizzying really. John has been chastising his son for committing murder and now tells his other son they have to commit murder themselves. :confused: As we've been led to believe in the second half of this season, this is war. And war is chaos.

Messages, messages. As far as the eye can see! Someone killed one of Rainwater's bros and staked his amputated hand to a stump, the Becks finally followed through on their promise to take Jenkins' liquor license away, Beth got assaulted in her office for being too mouthy, and the Beck hitmen got returned to sender. So the brothers Beck versus Dutton and his uneasy alliance? Intriguing. I wish the trope of an approaching storm signifying imminent conflict would fade into the past in the realm of entertainment, but I have to admit, the background played a big part in making that last shot look really cool.

Last edited:

TOK2000

May 3, 2010
Holy crap did Beth take a beating. I don't get though the whole not taking Rip to a Dr. and trying to keep everything off the record. I mean sure the hanging of those dudes outside Malcolm's porch was a good touch, but still how do you cover all that up and to what point.

Jdhmills

Dec 27, 2011
Holy crap did Beth take a beating. I don't get though the whole not taking Rip to a Dr. and trying to keep everything off the record. I mean sure the hanging of those dudes outside Malcolm's porch was a good touch, but still how do you cover all that up and to what point.
the how they cover it up no idea, especially with the assistant getting executed. The why is so they can take the fight to the beck's without being on police law enforcement radar.

sacatomato horn

Member Who Talks
Sep 15, 2016
Another great episode: Less fighting and killing and more plotting of future mayhem. The Y joins forces with Rainwater and Jenkins against the Becks, who want to strike at what John Dutton "loves most", possibly targeting Tate and Monica?

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Beth's face. That's rough. I appreciate it because it's very necessary to give us an idea of the stakes of this war, but it is difficult to see. Is she losing her edge? Looks a little more contemplative these days. She hates losing Rip's company, she's gazing lovingly as he tutors Tate. It's tragic that it took her getting beat all to hell to realize the fleeting nature of life. And then, just as you start to feel for her, she berates Jamie while he's fully entrenched in the figuratively lowest and literally ****tiest point of his life. I've been predicting that one of either Jamie or Beth are going to kick the bucket at some point this season and I still feel confident about that.

After thinking about it, I'm giving Malcolm a C+ effort for his tantrum. It's a morning tantrum, but not too early, so we know he's irritated and not merely grouchy. Good. He starts with a door slam, nice, before throwing a beverage against a wall, always a great component of any rage. Solid so far. Next, he does the "scatter **** all over the desk" move, which is a classic, but the execution was lacking. Looked more like the "I just discovered something important on an ancient map and I need space so I can trace lines with my finger" move. Docked points for that. Grabs the lamp, briefly looks like he's trying to strangle it and that really almost lost me, but then he threw it against the TV. Boom, that **** ain't ever working again, okay, we're back on track. And then the whole thing really fell by the wayside. What happens is he attempts the climactic, flip the table bit, and... quits to just leave it on it's side? Like it was a place mat and he wanted to empty crumbs into a trash can. No, Malcolm. Nope. Gotta put the exclamation point on it. Either that table has to be four legs pointed to the ceiling or you do a different finisher like punch a mirror. Gotta stick the landing.

Regrettably, there's no wrestling moves this week, but we still get wrestling theory. See, at a pro wrestling show, it's standard practice that you arrange the card in such a fashion that after an undercard match that blows the crowd away, you cool them down a bit. You put in a "popcorn" match, one that you don't have so much emotional capital invested in so that you don't wear everyone out before the main event. So after last week's intense affair, we get a little more development of some of the minor characters so we can breathe a little bit. This was a real Monica heavy chapter. She's stunned at Beth's appearance and wants to open up discussion with her sister-in-law. In a matter of moments, Beth makes her regret mending her relationship with Kayce. Turns out of all the things Beth was suggesting Monica doesn't try doing, the most helpful one, stay away from Beth, was omitted. We're also reminded that Monica has a job. She takes her class to... Native American open slam? What was all that about? She begins to cry. I feel you, Monica. That was... yeah, that was... yeah.

Well, also getting his arc forwarded is Rodeo Champion Jimmy Hurdstrom. He finally settles with the ghosts of methmas past. You know, I thought for sure that Avery "just leaving the ranch" meant that she was kidnapped by these baddies, but I guess she would've been in that camper. She still might be, I guess, or maybe detained elsewhere, but let's say Jimmy and his erstwhile cronies are square. Are we happy with this payoff? Surely there's still some meat on that bone, right? Feels a little too pat.

In other news, Rip is up and about, kinda. Where was this dude shot again? Tough guy. The meeting of the minds finally happens. I didn't enjoy that as much as I thought I would. Little clunky on the dialogue and a little too mellow with the you've always been a worthy opponent stuff. Shouldn't Rainwater have been a little more pissed at someone dying on his land? That whole powwow ended with John making this grand statement of "I'm gonna be the one that kills them" and one of his homies takes one to the dome. I was just waiting for the "you were supposed to take care of this ****" blow up and it didn't happen. But I do have to say, my favorite shot of the night happened right before that. Jamie gets woken up in the middle of the night, his dad telling him to get dressed. Jamie is freaked out, he creeps out of the barn, spots Rip and asks him, "Where am I going?" Rip says, "I don't know." Peligro! He opens the passenger door and the first thing he sees is Kayce's gun. John says, "Get in the back." Gulp. As he settles in and all the worst things he can imagine about how this trip will end circle through his mind, the light in the cab slowly dims, casting the three of them into ominous darkness. Loved that.

Last edited:

PFD

Oct 29, 2008
Dallas
Also, Rip is absolutely my favorite character on the show at this point.

Cole Hauser is great in that role. He’s an underrated actor.

MikeHdez12

Sep 3, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Also, Rip is absolutely my favorite character on the show at this point.

Cole Hauser is great in that role. He’s an underrated actor.
Lloyd is still my dude, but Rip is solid. Team player. He knew he deserved better than the demotion, but he also knew the ranch is a Dutton ranch, and he stood back instead of raising a fuss.

TOK2000

May 3, 2010
I still think the Beth/Jamie dynamic is over the top, that scene in the barn esp. I don't get why John insisted on Jamie coming with him to the shooting scene and telling him "he's the lawyer"...they got out looked at a crime scene and said a few words and left. It's clear that the Beck brothers were behind it, but why? They were focused on going after John's grandson shooting a Indian guard what does that do?